Showing all posts tagged "Music Hardware"
Focusrite Saffire MixControl for Scarlett 18i8
I was baffled trying to figure out the MixControl, but it's actually quite amazing. Using Mixes as an intermediate bus point (is that right?) is awesome.
Define Your Mixes
You have four mixes that you can use:
- Left: 1, 3, 5 7
- Right ones cannot be configured separately: 2, 4, 6, 8
- You can rename the mix
At the top you're configuring which inputs go into the Mix.
Note that the stereo button "aggregates the 2 mono channels together into a single stereo"
- Analog Ins
- from Front Panel: 1 and 2, 3 and 4
- from Back Panel: 5 and 6, 7 and 8
- Daw Inputs: 1 to 7 (L) and 2-8 (R)
These are your DAW output destinations, exactly as labeled.
- SPDIF and ADAT
- You can use the Mix Output dropdown to define where the Mix outputs
- Note for Headphone Outputs on Front Panel
- Line H/P L and R are called "Output 3" and "Output 4" in the Routing Panel
- Anlg Out 5 and 6 are called "Output 5" and "Output 6" in the Routing Panel
- You can use the routing panel to route individual inputs OR mixes to each output.
- Monitor Outputs 1 and 2 are in back
- The ones that show a little headphone are the front panel headphone mixes: 1-2 and 3-4
- Name your mixes
- Do not route inputs to outputs directly: instead, use mixes
- Do not use the Routing Panel: use the checkboxes in the Mix Output to define the routing
- Note: using the checkboxes in the Mix Output requires setting both L and R channels of the Mix Output, so you have to check all boxes separately.
Also see the Manual Online
Posted on October 23rd, 2015